I’m looking for a low power rifle scope as I pick up my new hobby: hunting. It’s been something that I wanted to try for a long time. So recently my wife and I just acquired a farm. I got myself a RWS 34 .22 and I love every bit of it, except for the scope. That leads us to today’s article: the new addition to my collection – Burris MTAC 1 x 424.
Burris MTAC 1 x 424 makes an excellent tactical rifle scope. Compared to scopes of a similar caliber, it’s known to be the top contender when it comes to spotting targets at full magnification. And, since it’s often seen among police officers, FBI agents, and shooters who participate in close-quarter battles, as well as 2-gun and 3-gun competitions, you may want to check it out. Especially if you usually hunt for objects at medium to close range, it’s the rifle scope for you.
About the Rifle Scope
Burris MTAC 1 x 424 is a first-rate rifle scope provided by a leading supplier of quality sports gears, Burris Optics. It brags of high-performance lens and a compact design. Since it’s designed especially for advanced game hunters, law and military enforcers, it doesn’t fall short of what you expect a high-performance rifle scope can do.
Features & Specs
- 0.5 MOA elevation & windage dials
- 1-piece solid outer tube
- 11.3 inch (product length)
- 130-inch maximum adjustment
- 17 lbs. (product weight)
- 24-millimeter to 6-millimeter exit pupil
- 30-millimeter body tube
- Ballistic CQ-reticle
- Circular center
- Double spring-tension internal system
- Ergonomic power ring
- First-grade optical glass
- Hi-Lume multi-coating (index-matched)
- Mil-rad MTAC target knobs
- Night Vision Technology compatibility
- Nitrogen-filled scope
- Hand-fitted & precision-gauged assembly
- Rubber eyepiece
With its top-of-the-line features, 1 x 424 MTAC from Burris Optics enables accurate shots even at a distance of over 500 yards. Since it can deliver quality performance, similar to that of high-premium rifle scopes, it is best for various shooting competitions. Apart from all that, it can be availed of for a reasonable price.
The String of Advantages
- It allows low magnification
- It allows trajectory compensation (5.56 & 7.62 cartridge)
- It can provide eye protection
- It can provide speedy engagement at close ranges
- It can reduce shooting time in all lighting conditions
- It can withstand recoil, shock, and vibrations
- It comes with quick power setting changes
- It has an easy grip
- It increases success rates when hunting in low-light environments
- It is durable
- It prevents fogging upon exposure to cool and rainy environments
- Its precision settings are finger-adjustable
Since Burris Optics’ MTAC 1 x 424 has proven to aid in successful hunting, it’s a rifle scope recommended by veteran shooters to their novice fellows. With it, spotting a target becomes almost effortless. Switching it on and off can be convenient, too. A few people don’t like that it comes with a large reticle but if getting good lighting is the priority, the lens’ size is hardly an issue.
Great for the Eye
One of the reasons Burris MTAC 1 x 424 is an excellent rifle scope is because of its outstanding capability to provide eye relief. It comes with a glare-resistant lens that’s crisp and clear (even at 3x or 4x magnification) that lets you get a clear view of targets from a distance. And, since the settings can be adjusted easily, the sudden shift from a well-lit to a dark environment may not be a problem.